First of all, you should all know I don’t usually stick to a TBR list every month because I love to read or reread books whenever I feel like it. But for the sake of everyone who’s been asking me about the books I’m currently reading and plan to read this month, I’ll be posting them all here!
Yes, yes, yes! I have a very busy reading month, and with good reason because I just finished all my school work and my body and mind are already in vacation mode – thus my very hefty pile of books stacked next to my bed.
Let’s start first with what I’m currently reading and reading now.
- Inferno by Catherine Doyle – This is the second book of the Blood for Blood Trilogy, which is a Young Adult mafia story that sort-of followed Romeo and Juliet (especially in the first book). I only have the physical copy of the first book, and until now, the bookstores here haven’t stocked yet on Inferno and Mafiosa. So much to my utter dismay, I had to get the ebook copies in the meantime while I wait. But so far, this one is really good! It’s actually better than the first book.
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – This is a reread. I actually read this book around a year ago, and I just bought the third and final book last month. So I’m now rereading the first two books to get myself refreshed from what happened so far.
- The Diviners by Libba Bray – This is another reread. I read the first book a couple of years ago, and I only picked up the second book last week because it was 50% off in the bookstore. Yes, I am cheap. I remembering loving the first book, but also being too scared to finish it.
Now going to the two New Adult books that I definitely want to read this month.
- Confess by Colleen Hoover – I love Colleen Hoover’s writings! I think the last one I read was “It Ends with Us”, and that was months ago. But then I saw news that Confess was made into a TV show, so I wanted to read first the book before deciding to watch the show and see how it compared to the book. I’m just scared because some TV adaptations of books are either in the thumbs-up or thumbs-down category. Never something in between.
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – I heard a lot of great things about this book on Tumblr, but have never had the chance to start with it. Tasha from Tashapolis also recommended it in her Steamy Romances Recommendation video, and she loved it a lot. All I know so far is that the two characters work in a publishing house and do hating games with each other – thus it’s called by its title.
Have you guys read any of these books? Let me know what you think about them!